sabato 7 aprile 2012

Siege!

Two days ago I have gone to visit my friend Gianni in order to play a battle with him.
Previously, he had said that he was preparing a "surprise" for me!!!
I was very curious about the "surprise" and I could not imagine what it was ...
This is the reason why I have been very wondered when I discovered that, instead a pitched battle, he had prepared a stretch of wall and siege machines in order to play a episode of the battle of St. John of Acri!
I have said to him that I never played Magna Acies! in a siege, but he has not been worried about this.
During the battle, the rules have proved to be flexible enough to manage the different situation.
We need only to improve a bit the existing rules concerning fight against entrenched enemies and to develop some special rule.
But the main problem was the scale: Magna Acies! has been created to play large battles, so it's not suited to simulate an almost skirmish fight around a short stretch of walls!
In order to develop the rules to play the siege of St. John, I have suggested to him to build not only a part of the walls, but the entire circuit of walls of the old city!
I know that it's not an easy task, but I'm sure that this will be a fascinating challenge for our next future.
Gianni has said that the real siege of St. John of Acri was a quite complex affair, with not only siege works and assaults against the walls, but also landings and sorties: I think that play it will be very interesting.
 




Nessun commento: