martedì 6 marzo 2012

Alamannic command groups

I'm near the end of my work, so now I need command groups for the two armies at Strasbourg.
Unfortunately in the market there aren't specific models for this purpose, so I have to invent something by myself. 

Speaking of the Alamannic commanders, I have started from the usual Miniart set, but I've taken some piece also from the Italeri "Gothian cavalry" set (nr. 6138).
The latter is very well realized in terms of sculpting and moulding, but there are some important mistakes, such as the stirrups and a sort of "mix" appearance of the models, someone resembling a Gothic, someone other a Roman, someone other also a Mongol ... A strange set, but very well executed, technically speaking.
Anyway, I have changed some pose, in order to accommodate flags in the hands, then I have added crests on the helmets and cloacks to the main leaders.
Most important: I have added the thumb finger to the right hand of king Cnodomar (I hope it will not look like a revolver ...)!
The last additions are made in epossidic plaster.
About the flags, I don't know anything about the shape of an Alamannic or Gothic flag, so this is just fancy ...  
 




 

4 commenti:

puszkin ha detto...

Very successful conversions (a shame that so I can not). Chnodomar looks a bit like Lenin, indicating beautiful future.
Stirrups is an error, especially as riders on the box are not drawn in the stirrups.
What are you doing a primer in the figures?

Appius ha detto...

Cnodomar like Lenin??? Interesting theory! I don't use primer, because I think primer is not flexible so it's not good for soft plastic. Vallejo acrilic paints are vinilic and flexible, this is the reason why they have a good grip on soft plastic surfaces. Instead of primer I use vinilic glue mixed with water and brown paint.

puszkin ha detto...

This by this big finger, Lenin on monuments had such often. :)
vinilic glue = white glue (for wood, paper)?

Appius ha detto...

Dear Puszkin, yes, I mean exactly white glue.