domenica 25 marzo 2012

Roman and Alamannic command groups

I'm at the last steps of my work regarding the battle of Strasbourg.
Now it's time to show you my last effort: the commanders.
As I have explained in my last post, I have had to "invent" the generals, due to the lack of specific figures of commanders related to the IV century a.D..
I have used some pieces coming from the Italeri set "Gothian cavalry" both for the Alamannic king (Cnodomar) and for Julian himself.
I have also created a Roman standard bearer carrying a "vexillum" with the portrait of the Emperor Constantius II: at the time of the battle, Julian was "caesar", and not still "emperor".
So, the following is the result of my work: take a look!

Caesar Julian with his "staff"

King Cnodomar and "staff"

Roman sub - General 1
Roman sub - General 2


Alamannic sub - General
 

2 commenti:

puszkin ha detto...

As always, a very beautiful figure.
Finally, I know what they be used large quantities of armored horses from MiniArt kit. I'll have the horses to the commanders.

Appius ha detto...

Thank you Puszkin, very kind as usual. Yes, I think that armoured horses are appropriate for leaders. Expecially for sub - generals, who were more often involved in real fight!